Marketing Me: New Job Search Techniques for Today's Employment Environment
December 02, 2009 by
This brown bag seminar, produced by the PRSA Financial Communications Section, was aimed at communicators in the financial industry currently hunting for a job, as well as those who haven’t looked for a while. This call taught attendees the following:
- Resume and cover letter development
- How to get through the screening/scanning process
- What to do if you’re over qualified or over 50 years old
- How to stand out with so many people looking, without going over the top…and more!
- Social networking to broaden your search and expand your personal recognition
- Tom Ekman of Ekman & Associates, Yorba Linda, Calif.
- Karen Bloom of Bloom Gross and Associates, Chicago, Ill.
- Cheryl Howard, corporate communicator using social media to network to a new job